Port of Redwood City Projects
Redwood City, CA
- Wharves 1 & 2 Replacement
- Wharves 3 & 4 Fender Replacement
Wharves 1 and 2 Replacement
- Demolition of the existing wharves
- Construction of a new 426’ long concrete wharf
- Pile driving 108 24” concrete piles
- Seawall construction
Wharves 3 and 4 Fender Replacement
- Nine 66” diameter steel monopile breasting dolphins installed at Wharf 3.
- Repaired six concrete breasting dolphins at Wharf 4.
- New fender system at Wharf 4 – two at each concrete dolphin.
- Two new steel monopile supported walkways installed at Dolphins 5 and 6.
The Wharves 1 and 2 Replacement project was to improve the functionality of the Port by replacing the wharves with a new similar structure.
To provide safer berthing at the Port, Manson replaced the existing fender system at Wharf 3 and installed a new fender system at Wharf 4. The fenders and dolphins help absorb the impact of a vessel against the wharf and protect the wharf from damage.