Port of Neah Bay Commercial Dock Replacement
Neah Bay, WA
- Construction of a new 120’ long concrete dock
- Installed 50 marine-coated 18” diameter steel fender piles and 78 load bearing 24” diameter steel pipe piles
- Precast concrete deck panels
- Trestle span included 32 precast channel beams
- A bubble curtain was used to provide sound attenuation
This project involved the complete replacement of the Port of Neah Bay Commercial Dock to provide a fully operational commercial fishing dock to support the Northwest fishing fleet and other commercial users. The new dock was built to withstand severe inclement weather, including earthquakes and tsunamis, and has increased capabilities for loading and unloading fishing boats. The dock will also be used to launch emergency vessel rescue and oil spill response operations in the region.