Pier 4 Phase 2 Reconfiguration
- Clamshell dredging and disposal of approximately 465,000 cubic yards of material
- Construction of a 1,750 LF of new wharf
- Pile driving 24” octagonal concrete piles ranging in length from 70’ to 170’ long
- Pile driving 1,308 LF of steel sheet piles
- Slope stabilization methods including rip rap placement and stone column installation
This project aligned Pier 4 with the neighboring Pier 3 to create on contiguous 2,960 foot long pier structure capable of simultaneously berthing two ultra-large container ships.